Originally I planned to make something speacial for the cookie-swap but it didn’t work out. So I decided to start with a receipe I know well and that will work out 100 %.
Biscotti di Prato
200 g whole almonds, unpeeled
400 g flour
1 pinch of salt
300 g sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 pinch of saffron
1. Roast the almonds in a non-sticky pan without oil.
2. Pass the flour through a sieve in a baking bowl. Make a whole in the middle of the flour and add salt, sugar, eggs, one egg yolk, baking powder and saffron. Knead everything till you get a smooth dough. When the dough is to tight add some milk.
3. Add the roasted almonds.
4. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius. Put baking paper on your baking tray.
5. Make rolls with 1 cm diameter and put them on the tray. Put the remaining wisked egg yolk on the rolls and bake them nearly 30 min til they are light brown.
6. Cut them into 1 cm slices and lay them again on the tray and bake them for 5 min.